A treatment applied to the surface of your lens to add functional protection.
- Anti-reflective coating (AR) eliminates reflections from front and back of lens to block glare.
- Hydrophobic coating repels water, sweat and reduces spotting on lens surface.
- Scratch-resistant coating protects lenses from abrasions and scratches with a resin film
The open & close part of the frame that connects the rim to the temples. Click here to see the hinge on Anatomy of a Frame.
- Flex hinges use an internal spring to give you extra durability with greater flexibility.
- Light ray hinges are made of ultra-flexible and resilient titanium.
- Mono-block hinges are made from a single block of metal so there’s less chance of breakage.
- Pinless front hinges made of nickel-silver are used in acetate or nylon frames.
- Rivet hinges are fixed to the front or temples using rivets inserted into the hinges ’twin holes to create a vintage look.
- Glass used to be the material of choice but has been replaced by lightweight, durable high-tech plastics that offer optimum clarity.
- Polycarbonate is a type of high-index plastic that's thinner, lighter and impact resistant.
- HD is a digital lens that provides the highest level of detail and clarity especially in high index prescriptions.